Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hand-made Snowflake Cards

I've learned over the years that high school students don't necessarily perceive reality accurately.  I've also learned that however inaccurate their perceptions may be, they do matter!  I recently became aware that I need to do a better job in one particular class at communicating my care and concern for my students.  So after giving the matter a lot of thought, I decided to send each student in that class a hand-made Happy New Year card. 




I chose a snowflake design because I LOVE snowflakes, but also because I always encourage my students on the first day of the new semester to set a goal for themselves since it's a new year, a new semester and a chance for a fresh start.  The presentation I created for this is entitled "Fresh Snow" (to represent a fresh start), and features photos of snowflakes.  

I gave this presentation to my students today!  And they should also be receiving these cards in today's mail, so I hope the significance of the snowflakes will occur to them.  



 I added lots of silver glitter to the cards, and wrote a very short personal note of appreciation to each student inside.



I hope this will help to communicate my care for my students to those who aren't yet convinced of it.  The truth is, my students are like snowflakes to me...each one unique, different and special in their own way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...