Thursday, January 20, 2011

Galette des Rois!

January 6th is the day the French commemorate Epiphany with a special cake which has a small trinket hidden inside.  The lucky person who gets the piece with the trinket in it is crowned king or queen of the day!  I made a galette for my French I students.


They were soooooooo interested in where the trinket was that once I started to cut the cake, I noticed that most of them had crept forward out of their seats and they were closing in around me :).  I had to send them back to their seats, but found a few minutes later that they had all crept back once again!  I'm still smiling at the memory.  They all liked the cake, and I made sure to give them the recipe as it is very, very easy to make! 



Here's the queen of the day with our classroom mannequin, Jacques!



My students remember these special days when they were able to taste some French food for years to come!

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour! Pourriez-vous m'envoyer la recette pour votre galette? Mon email est LOG525@cox.net
    Merci beaucoup!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui, bien sur! La voila...
      http://www.marmiton.org/recettes/recette_galette-des-rois_10832.aspx
      Bonne chance!
      Renee

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...