Friday, September 10, 2010

Flower Pens!

A few years ago I tried a new idea inspired by our high school librarian.  She had a clay flower pot filled with coffee beans at the front desk.  The pot was "sprouting" daffodils, which were really just pens made to look like flowers.  I decided to make my own flower pot filled with flower pens for my desk.  I bought various colorful silk flowers and attached them to pens with tape.  Then I covered the entire pen with floral tape so it resembled the stem of a flower. 



I placed the flower pens in a pot filled with coffee beans.  Students are allowed to borrow the pens for the class period if they wish.  I've been pleasantly surprised by how much they seem to enjoy using these pens.  Believe it or not, last year a group of 11th grade boys enjoyed them the most and would sometimes race to class to claim their favorite pen first. 


Who wouldn't want their students racing to their class with anticipation?  This is just one small way you can make your classroom a more stimulating place to be.  I think it's worth the extra effort!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea - never thought to let the kids use them! Keeping them in a pot with coffee beans is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...